Does my plumbing business need an answering service?
As a plumbing business owner, you’re always looking for ways to improve your customer service and streamline your operations. One solution that has become increasingly popular in recent years is outsourcing your answering service to a virtual receptionist provider like Go Answer. But is it right for your plumbing business? In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of a plumbing answering service, why plumbers outsource their answering service, and how a virtual receptionist can help your business run more smoothly.
What is a plumbing answering service?
First, let’s define what we mean by a plumbing answering service. Essentially, it’s a service that handles incoming calls and messages on behalf of your plumbing business. When a customer calls your business phone number, instead of ringing through to your office or mobile phone, it’s answered by a trained receptionist who takes a message, schedules appointments, and provides basic customer service.
There are two main types of plumbing answering services: local and remote. A local answering service is based in your area and typically provides live answering during business hours. A remote answering service, on the other hand, is based elsewhere and can provide 24/7 coverage.
Why do plumbers outsource their answering service?
So, why do plumbers outsource their answering service in the first place? Let’s take a closer look at the differences an answering service can make in the day-to-day lives of plumbers:
Meet Bob and John, two plumbers who run their own businesses. Bob doesn’t use an answering service, while John has been using Go Answer’s virtual receptionist service for the past six months. Let’s take a look at how their typical days compare:
Bob wakes up early and starts his day by checking his phone for missed calls and messages. He has a long list of voicemails from potential customers, but he’s too busy to return them all right away. As he heads out to his first job of the day, his phone starts ringing again. He answers the call while driving, but it’s just a telemarketer. He tries to get back to work, but his phone keeps ringing every few minutes with more unwanted calls. By the time he arrives at his first job, he’s already feeling overwhelmed and stressed.
Meanwhile, John wakes up to a quiet morning, knowing that all his calls have been handled by his virtual receptionist overnight. He checks his email for any urgent messages and reviews his schedule for the day. He sees that he has a few appointments scheduled and a few calls to return, but he knows that his virtual receptionist has taken care of everything else. He has a cup of coffee and heads out to his first job feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day.
As the day progresses, Bob continues to struggle with managing his calls and appointments. He has to pull over multiple times to answer calls, and he keeps getting interrupted by unwanted calls and telemarketers. He misses several potential customers because he can’t keep up with all the calls and messages coming in. He also has to spend time scheduling appointments and answering basic customer service questions, taking time away from his plumbing work.
On the other hand, John’s virtual receptionist has been handling all of his calls and appointments seamlessly. She has been scheduling appointments, answering basic customer questions, and even dispatching emergency calls to John’s phone when needed. John has been able to focus on providing high-quality plumbing services, knowing that his virtual receptionist has everything else under control. He also knows that he can check in with his virtual receptionist at any time if he needs to reschedule an appointment or check on a customer’s status.
At the end of the day, Bob is exhausted and frustrated. He feels like he spent more time answering calls and messages than actually doing plumbing work. John, on the other hand, is feeling accomplished and satisfied with his day’s work. He knows that he was able to provide high-quality plumbing services without getting bogged down by administrative tasks. He also knows that his customers are satisfied with the prompt and professional service they received from his virtual receptionist.
The difference is clear — having an answering service like Go Answer’s virtual receptionists can make a significant difference in a plumber’s daily workload. By outsourcing administrative tasks and call answering, plumbers can focus on providing high-quality plumbing services and growing their businesses. Virtual receptionists can also improve customer satisfaction and lead to positive reviews and referrals.
What are the benefits of a plumbing answering service?
Now that we’ve covered why plumbers outsource their answering service, let’s explore the specific benefits of using a plumbing answering service:
- Improved customer experience: By having a dedicated receptionist answering your calls, you can provide a better customer experience. Your customers will appreciate speaking to a live person who can answer their questions and schedule appointments.
- Increased efficiency: With a professional answering service handling your calls, you can free up your time to focus on plumbing tasks. This can increase your efficiency and allow you to complete more jobs in less time.
- 24/7 coverage: With a remote answering service, you can provide 24/7 coverage to your customers without having to be available around the clock yourself. This can help you stand out from competitors who only offer business-hour coverage.
- Cost savings: As mentioned earlier, outsourcing your answering service can provide cost savings compared to hiring a full-time receptionist.
What is the difference between an answering service and a virtual receptionist?
You may have heard the terms “answering service” and “virtual receptionist” used interchangeably. While they both refer to services that handle incoming calls on behalf of a business, there is a subtle difference between the two.
An answering service typically only takes messages and forwards them to the business owner or staff. A virtual receptionist, on the other hand, is trained to provide basic customer service, schedule appointments, and answer common questions. In other words, a virtual receptionist can provide a higher level of service than a simple answering service.
What types of processes can plumbers outsource to Go Answer’s virtual receptionists?
Go Answer is a popular provider of virtual receptionist services for plumbing businesses. Here are some of the processes that plumbers can outsource to Go Answer’s virtual receptionists:
- Call answering: Go Answer’s virtual receptionists can answer incoming calls on behalf of your plumbing business, ensuring that your customers always speak to a live person.
- Appointment scheduling: Instead of managing your appointment book yourself, you can outsource this task to Go Answer’s virtual receptionists. They can schedule appointments directly in your calendar, ensuring that you never double-book or miss an appointment.
- Emergency dispatch: In the event of an emergency, Go Answer’s virtual receptionists can dispatch a plumber to the customer’s location. They can also provide basic troubleshooting advice to help the customer until a plumber arrives.
- Customer service: Go Answer’s virtual receptionists are trained to provide basic customer service, such as answering common questions and resolving complaints. They can act as a first point of contact for your customers, freeing up your time to focus on providing high-quality plumbing services.
What types of plumbers can use Go Answer’s answering service?
Go Answer’s answering service is suitable for a wide range of plumbing businesses, including:
- Residential plumbers: If you primarily serve homeowners, Go Answer’s virtual receptionists can help you manage your incoming calls and appointment scheduling.
- Commercial plumbers: If you specialize in commercial plumbing, Go Answer’s virtual receptionists can help you manage your incoming calls and dispatch plumbers to job sites.
- Emergency plumbers: If you offer emergency plumbing services, Go Answer’s virtual receptionists can provide 24/7 coverage and dispatch plumbers to customer locations as needed.
- Specialty plumbers: If you specialize in a specific type of plumbing, such as HVAC or water heater repair, Go Answer’s virtual receptionists can help you manage your incoming calls and appointment scheduling for these services.
Why choose Go Answer as your plumbing answering service?
Outsourcing your plumbing answering service to a virtual receptionist provider like Go Answer can provide a range of benefits for your business. From improved customer service to increased efficiency and cost savings, a professional answering service can help you run your plumbing business more smoothly and provide a better customer experience. Whether you’re a residential, commercial, emergency, or specialty plumber, a virtual receptionist can help you manage your incoming calls and provide top-notch customer service.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the costs associated with a plumbing answering service?
The cost of a plumbing answering service can vary depending on the provider you choose and the specific services you require. Go Answer, for example, offers a range of pricing plans based on the number of minutes used per month. Other vendors may charge additional fees for services such as appointment scheduling or emergency dispatch, but this is all included in Go Answer’s virtual receptionist plan. When considering the cost of a virtual receptionist, it’s important to weigh the benefits against the cost and determine if the investment is worth it for your business.
How can a plumbing answering service improve customer satisfaction?
A plumbing answering service can improve customer satisfaction in a number of ways. By providing a live person to answer calls and schedule appointments, customers feel more valued and are less likely to become frustrated with automated systems or long wait times. Additionally, virtual receptionists can provide basic customer service and troubleshooting, ensuring that customer issues are resolved quickly and efficiently. This level of personalized service can improve customer loyalty and lead to positive reviews and referrals.
What types of calls can virtual receptionists handle for my plumbing business?
Virtual receptionists can handle a wide variety of calls for your plumbing business, including general inquiries, appointment scheduling, emergency dispatch, and customer service issues. They can also screen calls and filter out spam or unwanted solicitations, ensuring that you only receive calls that are relevant to your business. By handling these tasks, virtual receptionists free up your time to focus on providing high-quality plumbing services.
How can a plumbing answering service help me manage my workload?
A plumbing answering service can help you manage your workload by handling administrative tasks such as appointment scheduling and call answering. By outsourcing these tasks, you can focus on providing high-quality plumbing services and growing your business. Additionally, virtual receptionists can provide coverage outside of your normal business hours, ensuring that you never miss a call or appointment.
How can I ensure that virtual receptionists represent my plumbing business accurately?
When choosing a virtual receptionist provider, it’s important to select a company that understands your business and values. Look for providers that offer extensive training and support for their virtual receptionists, and that have experience working with plumbing businesses. You should also provide clear instructions and guidelines for how you want calls and appointments handled, and check in regularly to ensure that your virtual receptionists are representing your business accurately. With the right provider and communication, virtual receptionists can become an extension of your business and a valuable asset to your team.
How does a plumbing answering service help me stand out from competitors?
By providing personalized service and prompt responses, a plumbing answering service can help your business stand out from competitors. Customers are more likely to choose a plumbing business that provides live answering and efficient scheduling, and a virtual receptionist can help you deliver on these expectations. Additionally, by outsourcing administrative tasks, you can focus on providing high-quality plumbing services and growing your business, setting you apart from competitors who may struggle to manage their workload.
Why choose Go Answer to answer your plumbing business calls?
When it comes to choosing a reliable and efficient call answering service for your plumbing business, Go Answer stands out as an excellent choice. With our experienced virtual receptionists, 24/7 coverage, and comprehensive range of services, Go Answer can help you provide exceptional customer service, streamline your operations, and free up your time to focus on what you do best – delivering top-notch plumbing services. Our commitment to professionalism, accuracy, and representing your business accurately makes them a trusted partner in managing your calls and appointments. So, if you’re looking to enhance your customer experience, increase efficiency, and take your plumbing business to new heights, start your free trial today.
Looking for more information related to this topic? Try one of the pages linked below:
Virtual Receptionist / Call Answering Services
Learn about our 24/7 live virtual receptionist services, and how we offer more than just traditional call answering services:
- Interested in outsourcing your live web chat service? Look no further.
- Read about the differences between our AI-enhanced virtual receptionists and other vendors’ AI call answering service.
- Learn the difference between warm transfer vs. cold transfer solutions.
Call Answering Solutions for Every Industry
Go Answer offers virtual receptionist services tailored to every industry. Here are a few of our most common use cases:
- Answering services for small business
- Call center solutions for small business
- Real estate answering service
- Property management answering service
- Contractor answering service
- Elevator answering service
- Funeral home answering service
Don’t see your business listed? We can develop a custom call answering solution with you.
- Customer service outsourcing
- Cloud call center solutions
- Omnichannel contact center
- Inbound call center service
Learn more about Go Answer’s software integrations, specifically:
Try us today. 30 days, risk-free.
Sign up today and receive 200 minutes free. No contracts. No hidden fees.
Have more questions? Call us at 888-462-6793